2014 SANDUSKY SPEEDWAY STREET STOCK RULES
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The following specifications have been prepared by the Sandusky Speedway officials for the construction of Sandusky Speedway Street Stock cars. No express or implied warranty of safety shall result from publications of or compliance with rules. They are intended as a guide and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to participants, spectators or others. No equipment will be considered as having been approved by reason of having passed through inspection unobserved. Anything not covered by these guidelines should be approved and be placed in writing. Tech Inspector will have the final decision.
NOTICE: These rules have been developed for the fun of racing in a low cost fashion. This requires limits in various areas to keep competition equal and fair for all participants. In order to accomplish this if it doesn’t say you can – DON’T. With the help and consideration of the participants, this can be accomplished. Try to live within the spirit of the rules. If you have questions, please contact track officials before you are found illegal for competition.
Any car deemed to be unsafe by track officials will not be allowed to compete.
1) Car Body and Frame
a) American passenger car with 108-inch wheel base minimum (with a 1” tolerance), full frame or uni-body and must be left stock. Camaros. Firebirds and no Nova rear leaf springs will not be eligible to run.
b) Due to shortage of used cars, you can use aftermarket firewall and floor pan. this means only 20GA. steel is to be used in the construction of the firewall and floor pan. the drivers compartment may also be boxed in with the 20GA. STEEL ONLY
c) No jeeps, trucks, station wagons, convertibles, vans, four wheel drive cars, or front wheel drive cars,
d) All doors must be welded.
e) Front cross member must remain stock and in stock location. No modifications permitted.
f) Frames must be stock as from the factory for year/make/model car being used, from front bumper to 4”
behind rear tires with optional tubing replacing remainder of frame to rear bumper. Mainframe rails may be X for support, and rusted portions may be plated. Frame cannot be altered for fuel pump clearance.
NO OTHER MODIFICATIONS WHATSOEVER! Frame height minimum 6” should be measured from the ground to the bottom of the entire mainframe rail. NO TOLERANCE! Note; Unibody frame cars must be factory for year/make/model car being used in front and back with one exception. Front and rear frame sections may be tied together with tubing.
g) Frame may be notched for bigger radiator.
h) Minimum roof height is 50”. may use 5 star roof
a) All cars must be factory stock or 5 star steel bodies. No interchange of sheet metal.
b) All cars must be neat in appearance, neatly lettered, and look like a racecar.
c) Badly wrecked cars must be fixed.
d) After market nosepiece and tail are allowed.
e) No spoilers.
f) Fiberglass, aluminum or stock hoods. MUST LOOK STOCK.
3. Windshields and Glass
a) All side and rear glass removed.
b) Stock windshield with straps or approved lexan.
c) All plastic or glass lenses front and rear must be removed.
d) Rear windows permitted
e) No vent windows
f) No window deflectors
g) Must have approved window opening for safety. Quarter window is allowed.
4. Hoods and Trunks
a) Hoods and trunks may be gutted. Hood MUST have a handle to assist for opening.
b) 4-6 pins must be installed. (See Tech Inspector.)
c) Cars must have all holes in firewall filled front and rear.
5) Bumpers and Grill
a) You may place two chains between bumper and frame to hold bumper on.
b) No Camaro or aluminum bumpers (only if covered).
c) All cars must have tow chain front and rear securely fastened.
a) All upholstery fabric must be removed
b) Racing seat required. Seat must be mounted with no less than 4 bolts of 5/16-inch diameter (or larger) and grade 8 material. Must have 1' washers & two bolts must securely fasten seat to the seat support bar near the shoulders. See figure 1.
c) Can use 20 gauge steel to box in driver compartment. 1/2 way up door
a) Front and rear upper and lower control arms must be stock to car and in stock location. After market bushings may be used. NO modifications to upper or lower control arms or mounting points. Tubilur upper must run UBM 14-0809-5 right side/UBM 14-0829-6 left side, must have part number on A-frame. Speedway Motors lower A-frame part # 910-34290 will be allowed.
b) After market spring may be used. Must be in stock location. Load bolts in rear, front adjustable shims in front optional.
c) No rubbers are allowed.
d) Stock sway bars must be used to make of car and mounted in stock location. Stock OEM steering box only. Stock OEM tie rods only and center link must be OEM stock to car.
e) Stock four wheel-working brakes. Must stop wheel. No bias valves. No adjusters. Duel master cylinders allowed. Two-piece stock appearing rotors allowed. NO oversized or undersized rotors. 5 on 5 bolt pattern may be used. Metric cars must run metric spindles & rotors. No bias gauges. Proportioning valve may be used for back brakes only, if using single master cylinder and must be outside driver compartment. Can only be adjusted front to rear in non racing competition, other than that must be out of the driver compartment during racing.
f) No rear disc brakes. No double piston calipers, NO aluminum calipers, NO undersized or oversized calipers to be used at all.
g) Shocks must be mounted in stock to car location. NO spacers may be used anywhere. NO heim or monotube shocks
h) Shocks must be steel and not adjustable.
i) Stock to car OEM spindles and rotors. Metric on metric, GM on GM, Ford on Ford and so on. NO drop spindles allowed. Day Motor Sports spindles part # sp-8898-R and sp8898-L allowed
j) Track width, small metric 76 max, full size 77 max.
a) Minimum weight 3300 lbs. with driver in the car. Added weight must be welded or bolted to car. A 305 Block 40 should have a minimum weight of 2880. (9.3 lbs. per cu. in.)
b) Maximum 55% left side weight with driver.
c) Minimum 51% front weight with driver.
d) All ballast weight must be mounted to frame or floorboards. No weight on any control arm or axle. No weight under frame rails between axles. Weight behind wheels may not be below line of axle. Weight must be painted white and numbered.
a) Centerline of engine must be of equal distance from left and right frame rails. No 18 degree motors or heads
b) Engine must be US factory production, cast iron block, heads, intake, exhaust. 7 quart max oil pan, must fit chassis NO notching of frame. No modifications allowed. No vortex heads or angle plug heads. World Product Head # 4266A and RHS head #12317 will be permitted out of box – no modifications made. Guide plates and stud girdles are allowed.
Modification of rule 9b dated 03/13/2012: RHS Heads are not readily available and we have been told that they are on backorder. No one has a firm date on when they will be available. We will modify the rule and permit a Dart Iron Eagle Head - bare casting part number SKU-10120010......assembled head part number SKU-10121112. This will be in addition to previously approved RHS Heads part number 12317-01.
c) Flat top pistons only. May not be above deck height.
d) OEM Two-barrel cast iron intake manifold only, NO modifications. NO 3” manifolds. No exhaust spacers. Center dumps not to exceed 2 ½”. Hydraulic camshaft and hydraulic lifters only. Stock lifter bores. No roller cams. No roller lifters. . Roller rockers are allowed can go as high as 7/16 studs. No high rise 2 bl intakes. No shaft type roller rocker systems.
e) Engine sizes: GM engines 350 C.I. plus .060 maximum over bore (NO 400 block). Ford engines 351 C.I. plus .060 maximum over bore. Mopar engines 360 C.I. plus .060 maximum over bore. No strocker motors, stock stroke only. Steel crankshafts NOT to be UNDER 48 lbs.
f) Exhaust pipes not to exceed 2 ½” OD and must exit behind driver. No 2 into 1 mufflers.
g) Must meet 98 decibel limit.
h) Engine must be in stock location for that year and model car. No notching frame for fuel pump
a) Stock production two-barrel intake only. NO AIR FUEL MIXTURE GAUGES AT ALL.
b) Cold air boxes may NOT protrude through the hood.
c) Must have two springs to return throttle.
d) Holley #4412 ONLY (NO Rochester) with 1 inch placer plate ONLY, out of box, NO modifications what so ever to stock metering block for 4412 only, can only remove choke plates
e) Carburetors must pass gauge test – top and bottom. NO modifications to venturists must have ram air horn on carb.
11. Battery Alternator and Ignition
a) Battery may remain secured in engine compartment. If moved to drivers compartment, must be mounted inside plastic marine box secured by two metal straps. May not be mounted in trunk.
b) No after market distributors unless stock appearing. No dual point distributors. No spark boxes. No magnetos. NO modules with adjustable rev limiter with traction control with tack lead-any found will be d.q. ONLY 3 wires coming out of distributor to cap NO 4 wires allowed and only 2 wires coming out of cap power and tack.
c.) Alternator optional.
a) Must be in good condition and have a minimum 1-gallon overflow can.
b) Must have fan shroud at least upper 180 degrees.
c) Electric fans may be used.
d) NO ANTI FREEZE. IF FOUND WILL BE FINED $50.00. This will be enforced!
13. Transmission and Drive Line
a) Transmission must be approved OEM Automatic with original bell housing and functional torque converter. Metal blanket recommended or 3 or 4 speed manual Saginaw only, with all working gears. Steele blow proof bell housing only. No aluminum. No after market trans or exotic units. NO aluminum trans
b) No locking of converter. Single disc clutch no smaller than 10.5 inches. No triple disc. Steel fly wheel only, no aluminum no modifications.
c) Locked rear ends are mandatory. Mini-spool or welded only, NO lockers or Gold Tracks. NO cambering of rear end at all.
d) Drive shaft hoops front and rear must be installed.
e) Ford 9 inch rear end allowed. MUST use stock location upper & lower control arms, NO cutting of any trailing arms. Trailing arms can be aftermarket but must be stock length from bolt hole to bolt hole and non adjustable. No traction control devices of any kind, IF FOUND USED WILL BE DQ AND LOSE ALL POINTS FOR THE YEAR. No off set of rear end housing.
f.) No fiberglass or aluminum drive shafts – all steel !!
g.) 5 degree pinion angle max. NO exceptions.
14. Tires and Wheels
a) Maximum 8-inch steel wheel of same diameter.
b) The only acceptable tire is the Hoosier Commanche. Not to exceed 27.5 x 8 x 15.
c) Wheels must fit within wheel wells.
d) No air bleeder valves in wheels.
e) Track width, small metric 76, full size 77
f) You must put baby powder in all race tires. top 3 in feature official will pick 1 or 2 for you to break down to check for powder. this prevents soaking of tires
15. Gas Tank
a) Fuel cells mandatory. Fuel cell must be mounted in trunk and secured to frame by at least 2- 1” steel straps no lowers than center section of rear end.
b) Racing fuel may be used. No alcohol. No additives.
16. Safety Items
a) RADIO MANDATORY. ONE-WAY RECEIVER ONLY. ANY COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN PIT CREW AND DRIVE WILL RESULT IN COMPLETE DISQUALIFICATION AND LOSS OF POINTS FOR THE SEASON.
b) Roll cage
1) Minimum four-post cage with 1-3/4 inch by .095 inch wall thickness may pass through firewall. Diagonal side-to-side bracing. See figure 2.
2) Front and rear hoops may be used.
3) Must have steel support bar behind driver.
4) Extra brace bars recommended behind driver. May pass through firewall.
5) Must have a 1/8-inch steel plate between door skin and sidebars.
6) Minimum of 3-drive side door bars, one bar in passenger side.
7) Gas tank protection bar mandatory.
c) Competition shoulder harness and seat belts must be installed to technical inspectors approval. Seat belts - less than 3 years old - and shoulder harnesses of the 5-point variety must be used and should be bolted to the roll cage structure. If bolted to the floor of the car use original set belt-mounting plates. Upper end of the should harness must be securely fastened to metal supports at a point no higher than the drivers shoulders. See figure 1 for information on installation of the seat belt.
d) The following safety equipment is mandatory: fire suit, full coverage helmet. SA 2005 Snell helmet and fire retardant gloves. Fireproof shoes are strongly recommended.
e) Open face helmet must wear goggles.
f) Dry chemical fire extinguisher 2-1/2 lb. minimum in working order must be mounted within easy reach of driver
g) Drivers side window net mandatory, must be mounted to cage not to body panels.
h.) Also, any driver that has to be transported will have their car impounded for safety precautions.
a) All cars must have contrasting color, 2-foot square area on both sides and roof for assigned number. Roof number to face right side.
b) Must have 4-inch car number (digits) in top center of windshield.
c) Any items not covered should be checked with technical inspectors.
d) All cars can be inspected or torn down at any time by technical inspectors at owner’s expense. Cars may be impounded for tech inspection at anytime.
e) Must have a hook, chain or eyebolt welded to front and rear of the car. If car does not have these and must be hooked on track, you may be disqualified for the rest of the night at the discretion of track officials.
f) No mirrors.
Technical inspector decisions are final.
The belts should not be allowed to run down your back below shoulder height before crossing through the shoulder harness slot of the seat or to permit the belt to run across the bony structure at the perimeter of the shoulder. The shoulder belt should be routed through the holes provided in the seat and across the cage tube to provide the best control of location of the belt.
NOTICE: Anything not covered by the preceding rules or safety regulations should be checked with Tech. Inspector before it is done. Any decision on questionable items about cars is up to the Inspector and his decision is Final!!!
If you have any question as to changing or modifying or in building your car, and the rule book does not cover what you are doing, please contact a Sandusky Speedway official before making changes. Build it right the first time.
REMEMBER: Sandusky Speedway and its officials reserve the right to change specifications/procedures and add/or subtract cars to the field at anytime. Those who sign-in and/or start in an event agree to be governed by these rules and by all decisions of the Speedway and its officials. Track officials reserve the right to confiscate any part or parts deemed by their officials to be outside the rules, this includes any part of the race car at anytime.
THE USE OF ANY TRACTION CONTROL DEVICE i.e. MSD GOLDEN EAGLE ect. WILL RESULT IN LOSE OF POINTS FOR THE ENTIRE SEASON
Dash 1-$25, 2-$20, 3-$15, 4-$10
Heat/pursuit 1-$25, 2-$20, 3-$15, 4-$10, 5-$5
Feature(20Laps) 1-$250, 2-$150, 3-$110, 4-$90, 5-$85, 6-$80, 7-$75, 8-$70, 9-$65, 10-$60, 11-$55, 12-$50, 13-$45, 14 thru 24 -$35.
RACING TIRES AND RACING FUEL WILL BE AVAILABLE AT THE TRACK.
Any questions/comments contact Denny 440-774-5815
2014 SANDUSKY SPEEDWAY MODIFIED RULES
Note: Sanctioning body and/or track does not express or implies any warranty of safety resulting from the publication of or compliance with these rules and/or regulations. These rules are intended as a guide to conduct this sport and are not in any way a guarantee against injury or death to any participant, spectator or official.
1. SAFETY EQUIPMENT: Snell-rated SA2005 helmet required. Roll bar padding required in drivers compartment (fire retardant highly recommended). SFI full fire suit required. Fire retardant neck brace, gloves and shoes required. (Fire retardant head sock and underwear, head and neck restraints; collapsible steering shaft; highly recommended). Driver side window net required, and must be mounted so that the latch is at the top front of window. Minimum three inch wide, five point safety belt assembly required, must be mounted securely to the role cage. ( Highly recommended to be no more the 3 years old). Fire bottle system required. (A separate, heat activated, fire bottle on the fuel cell is highly recommended). Kill switch required within easy reach of driver and must be marked ‘OFF’ and ‘ON’.
2. FRAME: 1964 or newer OEM perimeter American made rear wheel drive passenger car frame only. (Reproduction 68-72 Chevelle frames are approved). No sports car frames. No 2002 & up Ford Crown Vic or similar frames allowed. No strut front suspension of any kind allowed. No tube clips allowed. Frame must be full and complete, cannot be widened or narrowed, and must be able to support roll cage on both sides. EXCEPTIONS: Weight jack in original center line of spring tower; frame may be cut a maximum 36 inches forward from center of rear housing; horns may be removed in front of steering box; front crossmember may be notched and boxed for radiator and/or steering clearance; maximum 7 inch wide opening in side of spring tower for spring removal. OEM upper A mounts may be replaced with aftermarket mounts. Maximum 4 inch wide by 4 inch tall frame stiffener may be welded directly to outside of left OEM frame rail. Left side OEM frame rail may be notched for seat and foot clearance. Minimum wheelbase 108 inches, maximum 112 inches, both sides. Maximum overall width, front and rear, shall no exceed 79 inches from outside of tire, to outside of tire. No part of frame or body shall be lower than 4 inches from ground, except the front crossmember, in race trim.
3. ROLL CAGE: Must consist of continuous hoops, minimum 1.75 inch O.D. tubing, with a minimum wall thickness of .095 inch for the main cage. Frame mounted in at least 6 places, low carbon or mild steel recommended. Must consist of a configuration of front, rear, and top hoops connected by tubing on the sides or side hoops. Drivers head must not protrude outside cage with helmet on. Roll cage must be securely supported and braced with minimum 1 cross bar in top halo. Foot protection bar(s) required. Main cage no further forward than rear of engine. All bars forward of the cage must be lower than the hood.
4. DOOR BARS: All driver side door bars and uprights must be a minimum 1.75 inch and .095 inch wall thickness. Minimum 4 driver side door bars, parallel to the ground and perpendicular to the driver, and welded to the front and rear roll cage. Passenger side must have at least 1 cross door bar, horizontal or angled, and 1 top door bar, minimum 1.5 inch O.D. steel door plate, 16 gauge (.065) minimum thickness, must be securely welded to outside of the driver side door bars and cover the area from top door bar to bottom door bar and from rear hoop down post to front cage down post.
5. BODY: (SEE DIAGRAM) must be same width, front to rear, and parallel to the OEM frame. Engine compartment must remain open on both sides. Hood must be enclosed at rear. No panel in front of right door to engine compartment. No inner panels. Must have front windshield support and rear window support posts. Driver and passenger side windows must have at least 12 inch opening (height & width), measured at enter of window, between lowest point at top of window, weather roof or roll cage, and the highest point at bottom of window, weather interior or body. May use Lexan in sail panels. No full windshields. ROOFS ARE OPTIONAL. (If car has no roof, driver must wear arm restraints) Roofs must be fiberglass or aluminum (no carbon fiber) full size, rounded and stock appearing (no flat roofs). Must run full upper and lower nose. No plastic body parts. EXCEPTION: Howe part #’s 622 & 624 are the only approved plastic body parts. No wings or aero dynamic devices inside or outside the car. Outside of tires must be the widest part of car. Quarter panels and B/C pillars must be 2 distinct pieces. Oil coolers/radiator must not protrude above interior or outside of body. (Spoiler:) A 4 inch by 66 inch spoiler. The wicker on the spoiler must go to the back NOT the front.
6. DRIVER COMPARTMENT: Must have a minimum 3 windshield bars in front of the driver. Lexan or aluminum cowl panel in front of the driver can be no wider than the cockpit and no farther back than the steering wheel. Minimum .125 inch aluminum, or 22 (.035 inch) gauge steel, complete floor pan required. Aluminum high back seat only and must be bolted in securely, inside the left OEM frame and ahead of the rear tires. Bottom of seat can be no lower than bottom of frame. (NASCAR style right and left head, shoulder supports and let restraints highly recommended). Driver must be sealed off from track, driveline, engine, fuel cell, battery and pumps. No driver adjustable devices allowed in cockpit except brake adjusters.
7. FRONT SUSPENSION: All components must be steel, unaltered OEM, in OEM location, and replaceable by OEM parts. No aluminum hubs. EXCEPTIONS: Tube type upper A frames with or without aluminum or steel cross shaft, and mounts can be moved; radius rod tubes may be steel or aluminum. stamped steel OEM replacement lower A frames; rubber, nylon, or steel lower A frame bushings; no offset bushings; welded or bolted shock mounts on lower A frames; (No fabricated lower A frames); Lower A frames must be right and left and of the same design. Lower A frame mounts and bolt holes on frame must be in OEM location no modifications and no adjustments on lower A frames or frame mounts AT ALL, OEM type ball joints only. Sway bar must be OEM type, no splined bars. Track width 79”. Bump stops may be used.
8. STEERING: No rack and pinion. All components must be steel, unaltered OEM, in OEM location. EXCEPTIONS: tie rod ends and adjuster sleeves may be replaced by a minimum .625 inch steel rod ends and steel tubes; OEM spindles can be modified for ball joints and tie rod ends; passenger car drop spindles allowed; (No made for racing or fabricated spindles.) Bold on spindle saver allowed; spindles must be right and left, and of the same design; steel steering shafts and knuckles only; steering quickener, steering wheel and quick release may be aluminum; driver compartment steering may be modified, but must be kept on left side. OEM center link or OEM after market type center links allowed.
9. SHOCKS: Shocks must be, non-adjustable, with No external canisters, and have a racer price of less than $250.00 New per shock. 1 shock per wheel. 1 additional shock allowed in the lift/pull bar area. No air shocks. All shock covers must be easily removed NO rubber motorcycle covers allowed. No adjustable rebound shocks allowed.
10. SPRINGS: Steel coil and leaf springs allowed. Coil springs must be at least 4.5 inches O.D. No torsion bars or air bags. EXCEPTION: Pull bar may utilize smaller O.D. springs.
11. REAR SUSPENSION: No independent rear suspension. All components must be steel. No covers allowed. All trailing arms/link bars must be made of steel tubing. Rear of frame may be altered to accept leaf or coil springs. Steel coil-over eliminators, and steel or aluminum (5”) coil-over kits allowed on the rear only. Must conform to shock and spring rules. One (1) mechanical traction bar only. No rear sway bars. Aluminum panard bar adjuster allowed. Track width 79”. Steele 2 piece aftermarket rotors permitted on all 4 hubs.
12. REAR END: Any steel approved OEM passenger car or truck rear end allowed. Closed, steel tube Quick change allowed. Safety hubs (floater) mandatory. Steel axles only. No cambered rear ends. One (1) piece drive flange only. All components must be steel. EXCEPTION: lowering blocks, axle caps, rotor plates, and drive flanges.
13. BUMPERS: (See diagram) Steel bumpers must be on front and rear at all times and welded or bolted securely to the frame. Must be a minimum 1.25 inch O.D. tubing, .065 wall thickness. Two bar front bumper must be mounted frame end to frame end, no wider than with of OEM frame horns. Bottom loop must be parallel to the ground. Top bar must be directly above bottom bar, minimum 6.5 inches apart, measured center to center. Aluminum I-beam rear bumper are allowed. NO SHARP EDGES.
14. WHEELS: Eight (8) inch steel wheel only, measured from inside bead to inside bead. No bead locks, screws, or rim mounted bleeder valves. Steel and aluminum wheel spacers are allowed.
15. TIRES: No softening, soaking, conditioning, siping, or grooving of tires. No re-caps. SOAKING OF TIRES IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. (This rule applies to ALL tires in the pits, on the car, in the trailer or hauler, ALL tires). Tires may be checked at any time. Hoosier 970 is only tire allowed. All race tires must have baby powder in them. After feature official will have you break down 1 or 2 to check for powder. top 3 in feature.
16. BRAKES: Must be steel OEM type, operative on all 4 wheels, drum or disc. Must maintain minimum OEM dimensions for hub/rotor and calipers, cannot be drilled or lightened. Bolt pattern may be changed. Larger studs allowed. Rear rotors may be aftermarket, minimum .810 inch thick, vented rotors only. NO scalloped or drilled rotors. steel 2 piece aftermarket rotors permitted on all 4 hubs.
17. EXHAUST: Round tube headers only. All primary tubes must enter into 1 collector, at the end of the header. Must meet 98 disciple rule.
18. FUEL SYSTEM: Mechanical or belt driven pump only and must be mounted on front of motor. Racing fuel cell required 22 gallon maximum capacity, square or rectangle in shape (no tear drop, wedge, or exotic F-1 type fuel cells allowed). Must be in a minimum 22 gauge steel container. Cell must be securely mounted behind the rear axles and between the rear tires. Cell must be no lower than bottom of rear end housing. Cell must be mounted with a minimum 2 solid steel strap around the entire cell, 2 inches wide and .125 inches thick or equivalent. All cell mounts must be steel and securely welded past both ends of the cell. No part of the cell is to be lower than the protective tubing. Vents and lids must have check valves. Fuel line pick up must be on top to cell. No cool cans and (1) fuel filter only.
19. FUEL: Racing gasoline or alcohol allowed.
20. WEIGHT: Minimum weight limit of 2,400 pounds, 1000 pounds right side or 58% left side. (NO tolerance), after race with driver and helmet in car sitting in normal driving position. Weights must be securely mounted with at least (2) half inch bolts to frame or roll cage, and painted white with car number on it. No weight outside of the body. No titanium, carbon fiber, or exotic materials used on race car. No gun-drilled, tubular, hollow bolts or studs. Steel fasteners only.
21. BATTERY/STARTER: One 12/16 volt battery only, must be securely mounted between frame rails, behind crossmember, in front of rear end and outside of driver cockpit, with positive terminal covered. Car must have the capacity of starting without being pushed or pulled. Standard or reverse mount starters allowed.
22. GAUGES/ELECTRONICS: No electronic monitoring computer devices capable of storing or transmitting information. EXCEPTION: Analog tach. No adjustable ignition control boxes. One (1) 12/16 volt ignition box allowed, with rev chip, must be out of reach of driver. No additional ignition accessories allowed. No magnetos. No traction control devices of and kind, IF FOUND ON CAR WILL RESULT IN LOSS OF ALL POINTS FOR SEASON AND DQ.
23. TRANSMISSION: Must have at least two forward gears and one reverse, plus a neutral position. With engine running and car in still position, must be able to engage car in gear and move forward, then backward. OEM production type or approved aftermarket transmissions (Bert, Brinn, Falcon allowed. 2-speed, 3-speed 4-speed and automatic). No 5-speeds or more transmissions, No ‘in and ‘out boxes allowed. Standard clutch type transmissions must have a blow proof bell housing (steel or aluminum). Automatic transmissions must have an approved scattershield.
24. DRIVE SHAFT: Minimum 2.5 inch diameter, steel drive shaft, painted white. Steel slip-yokes only. 360 degree drive shaft loop required and must be constructed of at least .25 inch by 2 inch steel or equivalent, mounted 6 inches back from front u-joint.
25. ENGINE COMPARTMENT: Rear of engine must be mounted at least 72 inches forward from centerline of rear axle. Engine offset must be kept within 2 inches of centerline of front crossmember with engine level. Minimum 11 inches from centerline of crank shaft to ground. Radiator must be mounted in front of engine. Cooling system may be modified. No anti-freeze.
26. ENGINE: Any American make engine allowed. Steel block. No machine work on the outside of block (lightening). Wet sump oiling system only. One (1) naturally aspirated two or four barrel carburetor only. NO fuel injection No magnetos.
27. NUMBERS / DECALS: All numbers shall be in contrasting color from body, affixed to both doors and top, be at least 4 inches thick and 20 inches tall, and be readable from the passenger side of car.
28. OVERALL: (A) Track reserves the right to change, modify, add or delete to these rules as they deem necessary to ensure fair, competitive, and affordable racing. (B) Track reserves the right to confiscate any part or parts deemed by their Officials to be outside the rules. This to include tires, or any part(s) of any race car, at any event, at any time. (C) E.I.R.I. (except in rare instances) All decisions of the Officials are final and binding without exception.
29. GENERAL COMPETITION: (A) Drivers shall be responsible for the conduct and actions of all crew members, and any unsportsmanlike conduct shall be grounds for disqualification or punitive action as determined by Sanctioning body and/or track. Sanctioning body and/or track shall have the authority to disqualify members and assess fines. (B) All discussions with Officials shall be conducted in a professional manner and at a proper distance. (C) Drivers under the age of 18 must produce a signed parental consent form by parent or legal guardian. (D) Sanctioning body and/or track may require, at its option, a competitor(s) to under go a physical or drug testing before said individual(s) are allowed to compete.
30. NO MIRRORS OR TWO WAY RADIOS, NO EXCEPTIONS.
THE ABSENCE OF A PARTICULAR RULE DOES NOT NECESSARILY MEAN ITS APPROVAL!!!!!!!!
2014 MODIFIED PURSE
Heat/pursuit/dash: 1-$25 2-$20 3-$15 4-$10 5-$5
Feature: 1-$700 2-$450 3-$350 4-$300 5-$250 6-$225 7-$180 8-$170 9-$160 10-24 $150
Questions/comments call Jason 419-656-3221 or Denny 440-774-5815
ASPHALT BODY DIAGRAM & DIMENSIONS
- 20” MAX. – 16” MIN. (GROUND TO CENTER OF BUMPER FRONT & REAR)
- 605” MIN. (CENTER TO CENTER)
- 46” MAX. – 42” MIN. (AMENDED 6/28/08)
- 6” MAX. HOOD SIDES – 3” MAX. RAKE IN HOOD
- 32” MAX. (BUMPER & NOSE)
- 6” MAX. (SCOOP/DEFLECTOR)
- 4” MIN. AT NOSE AND SIDES – 8” MIN. AT QUARTERS
- 19” MAX. (SAME BOTH SIDES)
- 112” MAX. – 108” MIN.
- 29” MAX. – 22” MIN
- 72” MAX. OR NOT PAST BACK OF BLOCK, RIGHT SIDE. LEFT SIDE MAY EXTEND FORWARD TO COVER FOOT BOX IF NECESSARY.
- 18” MAX. – 12” MIN. OPENING, BOTH SIDES.
- WITH 4’ LEVEL, MUST HAVE 2” GRADUAL CLEARANCE AT REAR AND NO MORE THAN 5” AT FRONT
- 120” MAX. – 106” MIN.
- 45” MAX. – 34” MIN.
- 3” MAX. HEIGHT AT REAR OF SAIL PANEL, GRADUAL SLOPE FROM ROOF TO THIS POINT. (4” X 66” MAX)
- INTERIOR SLOPE IS 6” MAXIMUM. FRONT TO REAR AND FLAT ACROSS. IF FLAT AT FRONT HALF OF INTERIOR YOU HAVE USED UP 50% OF YOUR 6” SO FROM BEHIND THE DRIVER TO THE REAR YOU ONLY HAVE 3” OF SLOPE. TOP OF INTERIOR MUST BE FLUSH WITH TOP OF DOORS AND QUARTER PANELS.
ANY CAR WITH LOAD BOLTS
STOCK FRONT CLIP
CAST IRON BLOCK & HEADS
STOCK HOLLEY 4412-500CFM OR STOCK PRODUCTION
2 BARREL ONLY, NO 4 BARREL ALLOWED
MUST HAVE FULL ROLL CAGE
MAX 8” TIRES, DOT STREET TIRE, HOOSIER, GOODYEAR, AMERICAN RACER
NO OTHER RACING TIRE, NO RECAPS
ANY AMERICAN MADE FRONT WHEELE DRIVE 4 OR 6 CYLINDER
MANUAL TRANS 4 CYL. ARE ALLOWED
NO MANUAL TRANS 6 CYL. ALLOWED
ALL FOUR TIRES MUST BE THE SAME SIZE
2013 CAVALCADE RULES
E-MODS: SAME AS 2013 RULES
QUICK CHANGE REAR END ALLOWED
TIRES: HOOSIER 970
4” REAR SPOILER
STREET STOCKS: MINIMUM 108 WHEELE BASE
BODY & FRAME STOCK
MINIMUM 6-INCH FRAME HEIGHT
AUTO OR MANUAL TRANSMISSIONS
8-INCH WHEEL.. HOOSIER COMMANCHE OR GOODYEAR
2862 & 2863 300 SERIES 8” WIDE
STOCK SUSPENSION – NO LOAD BOLTS IN FRONT
NO REAR DISC BRAKES
MINIMUM WEIGHT – 3300 POUNDS
55% LEFT SIDE WEIGHT
ENGINE: CAST IRON HEADS,
EXHAUST & BLOCK UNMODIFIED.
FLAT TOP PISTONS ONLY
HYDRAULIC CAM, NO HEADERS
STOCK ROCHESTER OR STOCK HOLLY 4412 CARB.
MUST MEET NO GO GAGE.
ALUM INTAKE AND HEADERS WEIGHT 3400 POUNDS.
FRONT WHEEL STOCKS: SANDUSKY AND LORAIN RULES
OHIO STOCKS: CONTACT JEFF KARL AT 440-829-2773
ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CALL JASON 419-656-3221
OR VISIT THE RULES SECTION AT WWW.SANDUSKY SPEEDWAY.COM
2014 FRONT WHEEL DRIVE HOBBY STOCK RULES
The following rules are set as a guide, and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to participants, or others. If there are any concerns not covered in these rules, consider any altercations to be illegal, unless told otherwise by the tech inspector.
Officials do not care what you ran or where you ran it at in previous years, they only care that your car is built to these rules and these rules only. Your car will be expected to conform to the rules to compete. All cars must go through tech before going onto the speedway.
This is a division intended for fun. This is a claiming division, running only for trophies and points. An engine can be claimed after the first event. The price of a claim is $800 for the engine and transmission and will go to the claiming party, that night. The motor must be pulled at the track. Everything goes in a claim except starter, alternator and exhaust manifolds. Only a driver in the division or the race track may claim. A driver claiming must finish on the lead lap that night in the same event. Claimed driver must sell or will not be allowed to compete in that division for the rest of the season.
Must have main power kill switch on roll bar behind driver seat, in reach of safety crew. Kill switch must kill battery, fuel pump and alternator. 4 point roll cage with 1 ½” .095 wall minimum thickness with a bar across the dash between the front down bars.
1 ¾” recommended. Cage must be welded to steel plates that are welded to the floor. Absolutely no bars are to be outside front firewall. No bars to the rear shock towers or to the rear bumper. Both doors may be cut out for door bars, while no other panels can be cut out. 3 bars in drivers door and 3/16” steel plate. There can be one bar between bumper shocks, but it must be behind the bumper, and not exposed outside of the grill for protection of the radiator. Must have racing type seat belt harness, and an oval track racing seat is mandatory. A fully charged fire extinguisher, properly mounted, an approved racing helmet and racing fire suit are required. All cars must have a window net and all batteries must be mounted in the driver compartment and have a steel strap over the battery and in an approved battery box. Hood pins and trunk lid pins are mandatory.
Front wheel drive GM 3.1 and/or 3100 C.I. (Buick, Chevy, Pontiac, Oldsmobile) Ford 3.0 C.I. And Chrysler 3.0 C.I. Only. 2 or 4 door, the cars must be stock, bumper to bumper. All plastic, lights and lenses, any chrome moldings must be removed. All glass, except for the windshield, must be removed. All interior must be removed. Again, cars must have aluminum or steel dash, with gauges and stock ignition switch or starter swtich. If car has a hatch, glass must be removed, but hatch frame remains - welded to body. No rear louvers or lexan for rear windows. Lexan may be used for front windshield. Wheelbase must be the same side-to-side. Any vehicle manufactured 1980 and newer front wheel driver cars may compete in this division. No trucks or mini vans.
All body panels must be stock, steel bodies. Sunroofs must be covered with at least 22 guage steel. Should be kept neat in appearance and clean. Skirting must be at least 6 inches from the ground. Car number on the upper passenger side corner of the windshield. Both should be at least 4” tall. All numbers on both doors should be made so that they can be read clearly and have a minimum height of 18”.
ALL PARTS MUST BE STOCK OEM. NO AFTERMARKET OR RACING PARTS. THIS IS A STOCK DIVISION!!!!!!!!!!!
Any stock transmission. Automatic only. No welding of gears. OEM torque converters only, NO aftermarket torque converters.
Stock 4 or 6 cylinder only according to Hollander Interchange Manuals. All components must be same for the year of engine running. All censors and diagnostic connectors as well as computers must be hooked up and stock for the year/make/model running. (example: No ‘93 wiring harness on a ‘94 car.) No aftermarket computers or chips. Must have a stock air box. No dual cams or quad 4’s. Absolutely no turbos or turbo change over. Exhaust must exit out the back or out either side No aftermarket performance parts of any kind. Must have working alternator. If is doesn’t say you can do it, don’t do it. Computers may be swapped at any time for any fast feature competitor. Replacement computer will be provided and sealed. Cams must be stock OEM cams and is not to sound like a street stock. If cams sound radical tech official has right to confiscate any night. Any 2nd Generation 3100 engine will need to add 50 pounds to the center of the car.
Must be completely stock and all components must be in stock location. Shocks and struts must be stock. No grinding bolt holes in strut tower. No bending strut tower. 5 degree camber limit on right front. No camber allowed on other 3 wheels. No racing springs of any kind. No bending of strut towers. Car must sit at stock frame height for make/model. Springs and struts must be stock for that year/make/model running.
May use stock fuel tank and pump. If using a fuel cell, it must be an approved racing type and it must be fastened securely. Must pass safety inspection before competing. No alcohol or nitrous. No additives.
Must be street radials 13”- 15” (same size all the way around car, no offsetting wheels) with a maximum of 60 series. No recaps. Rims can be steel or aluminum and no wider than 6 ½”. No Hoosier or Mickey Thompson tires. No tire softeners of any kind. All 4 rims must be the same size. No deep dish offset wheels. Minimum 4 ½” offset and no wheel spacers. Same offset all the way around. Absolutely no competition tires or directional tires.
Must have a scanner that is locked on frequency to compete.
Will win trophy for dash and heat winner and top 3 in feature. Very select special events may have payout.
USE OF ANTIFREEZE WILL RESULT IN A $50 FINE
Anything not covered in these rules should be confirmed with a tech official. All concerns should be checked before completing car. The top 3 finishing cars must report to tech area for checking of other specs. Any car that does not pass a safety inspection may not race that night.
ALL DECISIONS OF OFFICIALS ARE FINAL AND ARE NOT SUBJECT TO PROTEST !!!!!!!
2014 SANDUSKY SPEEDWAY OHIO STOCK RULES
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The following specifications have been prepared by Sandusky Speedway officials for the construction of Sandusky Speedway Ohio Stock cars. No express or implied warranty of safety shall result from publications of or compliance with rules. They are intended as a guide and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to participants, spectators or others. No equipment will be considered as having been approved by reason of having passed through inspection unobserved. Anything not covered by these guidelines should be approved and be placed in writing. Tech inspector will have the final decision.
NOTICE: These rules have been developed for the fun of racing in a low cost fashion. This requires limits in various areas to keep competition equal and fair for all participants. In order to accomplish this if it doesn’t say you can - DON’T. With the help and consideration of the participants, this can be accomplished. Try to live within the spirit of the rules. If you have questions, please contact track officials before you are found illegal for competition.
1. Must have a window net that is mounted securely.
2. Must maintain full floors. A late model or box type interior is legal.
3. Firewalls must be steel with all holes filled in.
4. Aftermarket template bodies permitted. No slab bodies. Bodies must be stock in appearance. Roof
Height min. is 47 inches.
5. Bodies must have near stock body lines. Steel factory bodies are legal
6. Windshield may be lexan or glass. Must have a rear window.
7. A spoiler must be clear, 8” high by 66” wide. Spoiler must follow the contour of rear of car if rear of car
Body is only 59”, that is all you can have.
1. Wheel base 107” minimum. NO TOLERANCE
2. Frame height 5” minimum. NO TOLERANCE
3. Stock perimeter chassis only. Stock frame to behind drivers seat , 2 x 3 tubing from there back
4. NO underslung chassis. NO CAMARO OR CAMARO CLIPS CARS
5. Uni-body cars may tie front and rear frames together. Uni-body cars must retain a stock frame design
6. No coilovers or coil over eliminators. Load bolts are O.K. on all 4 corners
7. Must use at least 5” spring, racing springs are allowed.
8. Must have tow hooks front and rear
9. Fuel cell or tank must have 4 straps. No nitrous or alcohol.
1. Rear end must be U.S. factory productions (NO QUICK CHANGE). Floaters permitted. Lower arms
May be tubular, but must be in near stock location. 2” tolerance. 24” max. length. 4-wheel disc brakes
2. Upper trailing arms, 21” max. solid tube only, no springs or rubber biscuits. Panhard bars mounting
1. Upper A-frame may be tubular. Upper A-frame mounting is optional
2. Aftermarket sway bars are permitted.
3. Lower arms must be mounted on proper side, and in stock location
4. No rack and pinion. Racing shocks are permitted (1 per wheel) only steel shocks are permitted. No
Adjustable or rebuild able aloud.
5. Hubs and spindles must be factory stock cast iron heims may be used in place of inner and outer tie rod
Ends. Center link must be stock for clip used. Aftermarket sway bars are permitted
6. Stock cast iron calipers only. No recalculate of any kind.
Stock or MSD box ok. Any 6 or 6al must be mounted out of reach of driver and visible to officials at
All times. NO ELECTRONIC ADJUSTABLE TIMING
1. Small block only, 360 cubic inch max. 23 degree motors ONLY. No 400 blocks, No strokers.
Vortex and bowtie heads ok. No jesel systems. Roller rockers are ok. NO PORTED OR POLISHED
2. Must retain stock stroke. No aluminum blocks, heads, etc.
3. Any hydraulic or solid lift cams only. No roller cams allowed. No electric fuel pumps
4. Intake must be stock unmodified cast iron 2 or 4 barrel or Victor Jr intake 2975
5. Cars with engine set back so #1 spark plug lines up with the center of the left front ball joint must add
50 lbs. In front of engine. Weight must be removable for verification
6. Carburetor Holley 4412-500 two barrel 1” spacer. GAUGE MUST FIT TOP AND BOTTOM. NO
BIG BOOSTER CARBS.
7. The only over the top header permitted will be the Schoenfield #146. Any under the car header ok.
Exhaust pipes 2 into 1 ok. 3 ½” pipe size max. may exit out door max 4” outlet.
8. Bell housing must be sema approved 360 degree blow proof factory type 10” single disc clutches only.
NO DOUBLE, TRIPLE OR 10,000RPM CLUTCHES ALLOWED. NO ALUMINUM FLYWHEELS
1. Full cage, 3-door bars on each side with 2 kick up bars to the rear. Front and rear hoop is ok NO bars
Outside the body.
4 link stock rear suspension 3100 lbs 56% left side
3 link suspension 3300 lbs 56% left side
Chassis having engine with ANY set back to a point no further than the number one spark plug aligning
With the upper ball joints, add 50 lbs
Crate motors subtract 75 lbs. But must run a 5500 rpm chip
All weight must be securely bolted to the frame or roll cage and be easily removable
Cars must weigh these amounts with driver after feature. No allowance for ANY fluid loss or consumption
78” max outside to outside of tires
STANDARD OR AUTOMATIC TYPE. No Burt or Falcon units. Automatics must have functional torque
1. HOOSIER commanche. NO SOAKING TIRES
2. Steel racing wheels 8” only. Studs must be at least ½” min. No wide fives
1. Must have all standard safety equipment, window net, belts, shoulder harness, helmet (snell 2005 rating)
Fire suit, gloves and a fire extinguisher fully charged and mounted within arms reach
1. No 2-way radios or mirrors. A one way receiving scanner locked to frequency 463.7625 is
MANDATORY. NO TRACTION CONTROL DEVICES OF ANY KIND.
REMEMBER: Sandusky Speedway and its officials reserve the right to change specifications/procedures and add or subtract cars to the field at anytime. Those who sign in and or start in an event agree to be governed by these rules and by all decisions of the speedway and its officials. Track officials reserve the right to confiscate any part or parts deemed by their officials to be outside the rules, this includes any part of the race car at anytime.
NOTICE: Anything not covered by the preceding rules or safety regulations should be checked with tech inspector before it is done. Any decision on questionable items about cars is up to the inspector and his decision is final.
DASH: $25, 20, 15, 10 HEAT/PURSUIT: $25, 20, 15, 10, 5
FEATURE: (20 LAPS) 12 OR LESS CARS: 1-$225, 2-$175, 3-$125, 4-$100, 5-$95, 6-$90, 7-$80, 8-$70, 9-$60 10 on $50
13 OR MORE CARS: 1-$300, 2-$225, 3-$175, 4-$125, 5-$100, 6-$95, 7-$90, 8-$80, 9-$70, 10-$60
RACING TIRES AND FUEL AVAILABLE AT THE TRACK
ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CALL DENNY WATSON AT 440-774-5815